Registers 216 more cases
SAN JUAN – The Health Department reported Friday five deaths from COVID-19, along with 78 confirmed cases and 138 additional probable cases.
Of the reported fatalities, four were classified as confirmed:
- 61-year-old man from the Fajardo region
- 66-year-old man from the Fajardo region
- 71 year old man from the Metro region
- 78-year-old woman from the Metro region
The so-called probable death, which was registered as such for not including a diagnostic test result, is of a 67-year-old man from the Mayagüez region.
With these reported deaths, the total confirmed add up to 113, while the number of probable deaths is 106, for a total of 219. The samples had collection dates of July 13-28.
“The change in the number of deaths should not be interpreted as having occurred in the last 24 hours, ”the Health Department said. “Similarly, it is important to note that the reporting of deaths may vary, to the extent that the processes of registration and codification of causes of death occur, which could take several days.”
The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases to date is 5,997. Of that total, 3,020 are women and 2,977 are men. The cases are considered confirmed because PCR testing results were positive.
The report includes 138 additional probable cases, from July 15-28 sample collection dates. The total of probable cases to date is 10,784, or 5,904 women and 4,880 men.
Summary of the Department of Health report:
- Additional confirmed cases: 78
- Total confirmed cases: 5,997
- Additional probable cases : 138
- Total probable cases: 10,784
- Additional confirmed deaths: 4
- Total confirmed deaths: 113
- Additional probable deaths: 1
- Total probable deaths: 106
- Total deaths reported: 219
For more information, visit www.salud.gov.pr/coronavirus .