The report of the Department of Health today reported eight deaths from COVID-19, while there were 267 confirmed infections and 237 additional probable cases .
The number of hospitalized, according to the Health portal identified as the "dashboard" is 509, a decrease compared to 533 as of yesterday.
The deaths were cataloged as confirmed and are broken down below:
– 85-year-old man from the Mayagüez region
– 88-year-old woman from the Mayagüez region
– 60-year-old man from the Metro region
– 88-year-old woman from the Metro region
– 68-year-old woman from the Fajardo region
– 85-year-old man from the Bayamón region
– 69-year-old woman from the Bayamón region
– 84-year-old man from the Arecibo region  As part of the protocols of the Department of Health and the constant processes of verification and val Data validation, staff from the Demographic Registry reevaluated a case with a death date of July 20 and determined that it does not meet the vital statistics criteria of a death associated with COVID-19. For this reason, the cumulative total of deaths was adjusted. With these reported fatalities, the confirmed deaths add up to 127 and the probable ones are 110, so the total number of deaths is 237.
It is important to remember that any death recorded after the report was issued, is it will be reflected in subsequent reports.
The change in the number of deaths should not be interpreted as having occurred in the last 24 hours. Likewise, it is important to note that the reporting of deaths can vary, to the extent that the processes of registration and codification of the causes of death occur, which could take several days.
On the other hand , the total of the results of confirmed cases of COVID-19 is 7,413. The total was adjusted after adding 33 cases; with the date of sample collection from July 13 to 16. Of that total, 3,753 are women and 3,660 men. The reported cases are those that have a positive PCR test, with a sample collection date of July 17 to 31.
As part of the report, 237 additional probable cases were registered with a collection date. sample that includes from July 21 to August 1. In this line, the total is 11,911, after being adjusted, by subtracting 28 cases that had a positive molecular test, later, and added to the cases registered as part of this report. Likewise, 24 cases were added with a sample collection date of July 6 to 15. Probable cases are divided into 6,546 women and 5,365 men.