May 15, 2021

PR Headline News

Top Stories Without The Fluff

98 percent of travelers meet the Government’s requirement when arriving on the island


“We are happy with the results so far and we will continue to improve the process,” said the health secretary.

photo: EFE

SAN JUAN – 98 percent of the travelers who arrived on the island comply with the new provisions, as confirmed on Monday by the Secretary of the Department of Health (DS), Carlos Mellado López, after detailing that of the 47,825 travelers, 34,553 presented the result of the molecular test and 12,791 tests were performed within 48 hours as stipulated in administrative order 2021-499 that came into effect last Wednesday, April 28 in order to minimize infections.

“We are happy with the results so far and we will continue to improve the process. Day by day we were able to observe an increase in the number of travelers with the result of the tests and others who manage it within the 48-hour period of arriving on the Island. Certainly, what we are looking for is compliance and not setting a fine, but those who fail to comply, beyond paying $ 300, must be in quarantine until the test is done and present it in their traveler declaration account, “said Mellado López in a written communication.

According to the travelers registry, in the first five days a total of 481 fines were awarded, which represents $ 144,300.

The payment of fines is made through the portal fines.salud.pr.gov or at the collection office at the airport.

Meanwhile, the Secretary of Health stressed the importance that, “all passengers must remain in quarantine until the molecular test is carried out. We seek to detect positive cases in time to avoid contagion, offer citizens an effective treatment and if necessary monoclonal treatment to reduce the risks of hospitalizations, “he explained after ensuring that researchers continue to be vigilant and travelers are randomly visiting to ensure compliance with the order.

On the other hand, the Investigations Office carried out 33 interventions during the weekend in the towns of Culebra, Río Grande, Luquillo, Fajardo, Ceiba, Carolina, San Juan and Cataño.

In Culebra we intervened with Caracoles Restaurant, Happy Landing, Dakity Gas Station and El Nuevo Mini Más.

Similarly, in San Juan there was a voluntary closure and a fine to Garabatos and Fuego Criollo. For the municipality of Cataño, operations were carried out at Pizzería Los Varios and Frente Marítimo.

While, in Aguas Buenas, a family birthday party was intervened with 60 people, for violation of the executive order, crowding and not having a dispensation to hold the event.

Likewise, in the municipality of Cataño, a family was directed for non-compliance.

“We have intervened with several tourists, however, they have been in compliance with the law, providing the information required in the Traveler’s Declaration. We continue to be vigilant and guiding merchants and consumers to comply with the provisions, ”said Jesús Hernández, director of the Office, noting that they continue to receive confidences through the email [email protected]



Source link