November 25, 2020

PR Headline News

Top Stories Without The Fluff

Governor's order allows fewer passengers to have to quarantine upon arrival on the island




The governor Wanda Vázquez Garced signed a new executive order that allows an employee or contractor of a company or business not to comply with the 14-day quarantine when arriving in Puerto Rico through the Luis International Airport Muñoz Marín, a guideline that is part of the measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) through the arrival of travelers.

In order for the exception to apply, the company must notify the Department of Health on the arrival of the employee on the island and the person must present the negative result of a COVID-19 diagnostic test, “performed 24 hours before boarding.”

“The operational and business realities of the activities companies whose reactivation and reopening have been authorized in the midst of the emergency, sometimes require knowledge or technical or specialized services of employees or contractors located outside of Puerto Rico "reads the new order 2020-045 that was signed on Monday.

" In the circumstances described above, the mandatory fourteen-day quarantine imposed by OE-2020-030 for all passengers arriving in Puerto Rico via the Airport it could have an adverse effect on the operations and business management of those companies that legitimately need employees or contractors to supply their service needs, "states the executive measure.

The new exception joins others that were already in force previously that sheltered passengers arriving through the airport to perform functions of medical teams and essential services, health professionals, flight crews, aviation mechanics, federal agents, activated military and any other personnel determined by Health appropriate to include.

The signing of the order occurred the day before Vázquez Garced claimed that he works in an executive order that would impose measures More stringent measures for people who visit Puerto Rico through airports or residents who return from a trip from abroad.

"We are working on slightly more rigorous measures for the entry of tourists , passengers, not only residents, but also the people who come to Puerto Rico with the opening, we will probably announce it in the next executive order, "the governor said in statements to journalists on Tuesday.

La Fortaleza announced today a The governor's new executive order, but no additional or more stringent control measures at airports appear in the statement, at a time when the medical 'task force' advising the first executive warns of the danger of the increase in cases. of COVID-19 in the United States and the entry of passengers to Puerto Rico. Likewise, at least three recent outbreaks on the island have been related to the arrival of people through this route.

The governor said that "they remain vigilant and closely monitor the increase in cases of COVID-19 in the United States and others countries, and later will rule on the measures to be taken at airports in the face of the arrival of passengers. "

In the middle of summer, the air bridge between Puerto Rico and other parts of the world -mainly the United States- increases the The possibility of the apparent low transmission of COVID-19 on the island giving way to travelers infected with the virus that enter through airports, warned experts consulted by this means last weekend.



Source link