Over 600 cases in new daily report
SAN JUAN – The Department of Health reported Tuesday eight deaths from COVID-19, as well as 281 confirmed and 341 probable cases of the disease.
Of the number of deaths reported, six were classified as confirmed:
- 75-year-old woman from the Mayagüez region
- 77-year-old man from the Metro region
- 57-year-old woman from the Metro region
- 88-year-old woman from the Metro region
- 59-year-old man from the Metro region
- 48-year-old man from the Caguas region
The other two deaths were registered as having probably due to the novel coronavirus: two men, aged 91 and 76, from the Metro and Arecibo regions, respectively.
The number of deaths confirmed as having been caused by COVID-19 is 167. Meanwhile doctors have determined another 120 people who died probably succumbed to the disease. These add up to 287 deaths to date. is.
“The change in the number of deaths should not be interpreted as having occurred in the last 24 hours. Similarly, it is important to note that the death report may change as the processes of registration and codification of causes of death are carried out, which could take several days, ”the Health Department said.
To date, the number of people confirmed, via diagnostic testing, as having contracted COVID-19 is 9,605. The newest cases come from a sample collection date of July 27 to Aug. 8.
“The total was adjusted after adding five cases: one with a sampling date of June 8, one of July 17 and three of July 12. Of that total, 4,900 are women and 4,705 men, ”the department said. “As part of the report, 341 additional probable cases were registered, with a sampling date ranging from July 27 to August 8. In this category, the total is 13,798, after being adjusted, by subtracting 53 cases that had a positive molecular test, and were later added to the cases registered as part of this report. Similarly, one case with a sampling date of July 27 was subtracted and nine cases were added: 3 with a sampling date of July 17, five of July 20, and 1 of July 21. Probable cases are made up by 7,568 women and 6,230 men . ”
Summary of the Department of Health report:
- Additional confirmed cases: 281
- Total confirmed cases: 9,605
- Additional probable cases: 341
- Total probable cases: 13,798
- Additional confirmed deaths: 6
- Total confirmed deaths: 167
- Additional probable deaths: 2
- Total Probable Deaths: 120
- Total reported deaths: 287
For more information, visit the Health Department's website at http://www.salud.gov.pr/Pages/coronavirus.aspx .