SAN JUAN – The Puerto Rico Department of Health reported Thursday 11 deaths from COVID-19, along with and additional 123 confirmed and 189 probable cases of the disease.
Of the total deaths reported, eight were classified as confirmed by diagnostic testing and listed by the department as follows:
- 69-year-old man from the Bayamón region
- 71-year-old woman from the Bayamón region
- 74-year-old man from the Arecibo region
- 85-year-old man from the Metro region
- 37-year-old man from the Metro region
- 94-year -old man from the Metro region
- 90-year-old woman from the Bayamón region
- 57-year-old woman from the Metro region
The three other deaths that were registered as likely were of people who, Despite presenting symptoms of coronavirus infection, health professionals were unable to confirm the disease through testing. The deceased were listed as follows:
- 96-year-old woman from the Metro region
- 89-year-old woman from the Metro region
- 91-year-old woman from the Bayamón region
The number of confirmed deaths to date totals 182, while 124 probable deaths have been reported, for a combined 306 people.
"The change in the number of deaths should not be interpreted as having occurred in the last 24 hours," the department said. "Similarly, it is important to note that the death report may vary, as the processes of registration and codification of causes of death occur, which could take several days."
A total of 10,279 confirmed COVID-19 cases have been registered .
“The total was adjusted after subtracting 27 duplicate cases; in addition, 14 cases were added from a sample collection dating from May 1 to July 24. Of that total, 5,272 are women and 5,007 men. The cases reported are those that have a positive PCR test, from a sample collection date of July 29 to August 10, ”the Health Department said.
“ As part of the report, 189 additional probable cases were registered, with a sampling date that ranges from July 29 to August 10. In this line, the total is 14,167, after being adjusted, by subtracting 27 cases that had a positive molecular test, and were later added to the cases registered as part of this report. Similarly, three duplicate cases were subtracted and 103 cases were added with a sample collection date from April 28 to July 28. Probable cases are divided into 7,766 women and 6,401 men, ”the press release reads.
Summary of the Department of Health report:
- Additional confirmed cases: 123
- Total confirmed cases: 10,279
- Additional probable cases: 189
- Total probable cases: 14,167
- Additional confirmed deaths: 8
- Total confirmed deaths: 182
- Additional probable deaths: 3
- Total probable deaths: 124
Total reported deaths: 306
For more information, visit the Health Department's website at http://www.salud.gov. pr / Pages / coronavirus.aspx .