The Department of Health report reported 13 deaths from Covid-19; meanwhile, 32 confirmed cases and 17 additional probable cases were registered.
With these new cases, there are 477 reported deaths, and 34,533 confirmed and probable cases accumulated since the pandemic began.
Of the reported deaths, these eight were classified as confirmed:
– 76-year-old man from the Aguadilla region
– 96-year-old man from the Metro region
– 64-year-old man from the Bayamón region
– 72-year-old woman from the Metro region
– 69-year-old woman from the Metro region
– 80-year-old man from the Aguadilla region
– 67-year-old man from the Metro region
– 69-year-old man from the Arecibo region
In addition, the report recorded five probable deaths that are broken down below:
– 61-year-old man from the Arecibo region
– 85-year-old man from the Arecibo region
– 59-year-old man from the Arecibo region
– 58-year-old woman from the Metro region
– 55-year-old man from the Metro region
With these additional deaths, the confirmed deaths total 317 and the probable ones are 160, making the total number of deaths 477.
On the other hand, the total of the results of confirmed cases of Covid-19 is 16,269, of which 8,571 are women and 7,698 are men. The total was adjusted after subtracting six duplicate cases. The reported cases are those that have a positive PCR test, with a sample collection date from August 26 to September 3.
As part of the report, 17 additional probable cases were registered, with a sampling date that ranges from August 28 to September 3. In this row, the total is 18,264, after being adjusted, by subtracting two cases that had a positive molecular test, later, and were added to the cases registered as part of this report. Probable cases are divided into 10,058 women and 8,206 men.
Summary of the Department of Health report:
Additional confirmed cases: 32
Total confirmed cases: 16,269
Additional probable cases: 17
Total probable cases: 18,264
Additional confirmed deaths: 8
Total confirmed deaths: 317
Additional probable deaths: 5
Total probable deaths: 160
Total reported deaths: 477