Individuals who understand that they qualify to receive the Economic Impact Payment, and have not received it, or have received less than what they understood they were entitled to, may submit a claim.
According to the letter Internal Revenue Circular 20-30 issued by the Secretary of the Treasury, Francisco Parés, the claim for receiving less than expected, must be submitted within 30 days of receiving the payment or the date of publication of the letter, whichever occurs later.
The letter was issued on July 1.
In the case of individuals who have not received the Economic Impact Payment, the claim must be submitted within 60 days of filing the return or completing the application for individuals not required to fill it out.
The claim can only be be carried out through SURI, following the procedure indicated below:
1. Access SURI through: https://suri.hacienda.pr.gov .
2. From the main page, without logging in, click on the link Economic Impact Payment (CARES Act).
3. Select the Economic Impact Payment Claim option, follow the system instructions and complete all the requested information.
4. Once the Claim is submitted, the system will provide you with a summary of the information provided in your request and a confirmation number.
"We urge you to keep this confirmation page in your files," reads the letter.
Those individuals who are not satisfied with the final determination issued by the Treasury in relation to the claim, may submit a complaint, which complaint may be filed by sending a written communication through their SURI account.
To do this, you must choose the Individual – Income Tax link on the main page of your SURI account and continue with the following steps:
1. Select the More tab
2. Next, choose the Request a revision option in the Applications section
3. Select the alternative to File a complaint under adjudication process and continue with the instructions in the system.
All the phases of claiming funds have ended.