This week the International Museum Week is celebrated with the purpose to promote globally the participation and interaction of these non-profit cultural organizations with the public, through social networks.
In the Museum Week -as this celebration is known- cultural activities and selected pieces from various collections around the world are creatively exhibited for 7 days and through 7 hashtags. Join this great movement through social networks!
By 2021 the organization of the Museum Week will have the support of the following institutions: Culture For Causes Network (creator of this movement), Art Explore (philanthropic foundation that supports international, non-collector and digital actions) and the UNESCO, through its ResiliArt program.
Museum Week It is the world festival for cultural institutions in social networks, which has been held since 2014.
It is the first cultural event on a global and virtual level, available on social networks Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Weibo, WeChat and VKontakte. It has more than 60,000 participants, from more than one hundred countries.
This movement was created in France by Culture For Causes Network, a non-profit organization that promotes museums, libraries, galleries, archives, artists and cultural institutions around the world, by organizing events on social networks.
To join this great celebration on social media, locate the following hashtags dedicated to creativity, according to each day of the week:
- Monday: #OnceUponAtimeMW. Referring to the publication of content that reflects the beginning of a story.
- Tuesday: #BehindTheScenesMW. Explanatory content will be shown on what is not seen in museums.
- Wednesday: #ChildrensEyesMW. Museums will be introduced from the children’s point of view.
- Thursday: #EurekaMW. A famous exclamation of Archimedes, which will serve to expose inventions, ingenuities and inventors.
- Friday: #CaptionThisMW. This day of interaction with the public will serve to title or name some museum works.
- Saturday: #ArtIsEverywhereMW. The perception of the spectators in relation to all the artistic places will be highlighted.
- Sunday: #WordsForTheFutureMW. At the end of the week, a significant message will be expressed to the user public of museums around the world.
Share this interesting information about International Museum Week on social media, using the general tag #MuseumWeek