By Francisco Rodriguez-Castro on September 15, 2020
SAN JUAN – The US stock market received a boost from global economic recovery signs, as investors continue to position their portfolios with the assumption that the worst of the pandemic is over.
Also, the Federal Reserve began a two-day meeting, with investors closely monitoring its outcome for signs of additional stimulus measures and updated economic forecasts.
We must point out that the United States needs the additional support of an expanded round of stimulus funding to guarantee a robust and balanced economic recovery; however, Congress continues to play footsie with the stimulus bill.
Key stocks to watch:
- Amazon Inc. (AMZN), rose $ 63.33, or 2.04%, closing at $ 3,166.20
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) only rose $ 0.01, closing nearly flat, at $ 115.36.
- Tesla (TSLA) rose $ 29.98, or 7.14%, closing at $ 449.60.
- Netflix (NFLX) rose $ 20.75, or 4.36%, closing at $ 497.01.
- Oracle (ORCL) rose $ 1.44, or 2.42%, closing at $ 60.90.
On to the markets.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 27,995.60, up 2.27 points, or 0.01%.
- The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index closed at 3,401.20, up 17.66 points, or 0.52%.
- The NASDAQ Composite Index closed at 11,190.32, up 133.67 points, or 1.21%.
- The Birling Capital Puerto Rico Stock Index closed at 1,528.11, up 16.42 points, or 1.09%.
- The US Treasury 10-year note closed flat, at 0.68%.
- The US Treasury 2-year note closed flat, 0.14%.