As part of the emergency decreed by the Governor Wanda Vázquez Garced due to the drought in Puerto Rico and the lack of capacity of the reservoirs, the Aqueduct and Sewer Authority (AAA) issued an administrative order in the one that prohibits the use of hose, as well as using the water for recreational or decorative purposes.
The fines will take effect from July 16 onwards. Residential clients are exposed to penalties of $ 250 in the first incident, $ 1,000 in the second, and $ 2,500 in the third and subsequent.
Commercial and government clients are exposed to liens of $ 1,000 in the first incident, $ 2,000 in the second, and $ 3,500 in the third and subsequent. Meanwhile, industrialists are exposed to payments of $ 2,500 in the first incident, $ 3,500 in the second, and $ 4,500 in the third and subsequent ones.
The public corporation prohibited nine uses of water, which we expose below.
* Water plants, gardens, crops or other facilities such as cemeteries or golf courses with sprinklers, hoses or irrigation systems. Only nurseries are excluded from this prohibition.
* Hose or pressure machine any surface
* Flush cars and other vehicles with hose or other devices where do not recycle and recycle water
* Operate or refill water fountains, ponds, or decorative structures
* Fill or refill swimming pools, hot tubs, or similar structures for recreational purposes
* Maintaining cisterns or tanks if it involves discarding more than 15% of the stored water without reusing
* Using water for recreational purposes such as games, sticking the hose, jets or other equipment that is rent or sell
* Have plumbing leaks that lead to leaks of drinking water
* Let the water run indiscriminately
This will apply to 50 municipalities q They are in drought . In alphabetical order: Adjuntas, Aguas Buenas, Aibonito, Arroyo, Barranquitas, Bayamón, Cabo Rojo, Caguas, Canóvanas, Carolina, Cataño, Cayey, Cidra, Coamo, Comerío, Corozal, Culebras, Guánica, Guayama, Guayanilla, Guaynabo, Gurabo, Humacao, Juana Díaz, Juncos, Lajas, Las Piedras, Loíza, Maricao, Maunabo, Naguabo, Naranjito, Orocovis, Patillas, Peñuelas, Ponce, Río Grande, Sabana Grande, Salinas, San Germán, San Juan, San Lorenzo, Santa Isabel, Toa Alta, Toa Baja, Trujillo Alto, Vieques, Villalba, Yauco and Yabucoa.