March 1, 2021

PR Headline News

Top Stories Without The Fluff

Young man injured in block incident will undergo surgery


A 21-year-old girl became the most recent victim of criminals who ruthlessly threw a cement block at the car in which she was traveling with her partner by the express Baldorioty de Castro, in Carolina, causing trauma to her face. .

According to the Police, a young man identified as Roberto Medero, 21, and partner of the injured party, told the authorities that they were traveling along the aforementioned highway at around 9:23 pm on Saturday when, upon reaching Fragoso Avenue, an impact was felt on the front glass of the vehicle.

After the whipping, Medero realized that her partner, Michelle Rodríguez, and who was driving the vehicle, had been hit in the face with a piece of cement that left her unconscious.

The young woman was treated by paramedics and transported to the UPR Hospital in Carolina where the doctor on duty diagnosed her with trauma to her face and the loss of the two upper central teeth and was referred to the Río Piedras Medical Center.

“They are going to do maxillofacial surgery; she is aware, ”said the director of the Carolina North Barracks, Lieutenant Fermín González.

“We have already found a piece of cement similar to the one found inside the vehicle in which the couple was traveling. It was in the Sabana Abajo neighborhood, in Ortiz alley ”, added González.

The lieutenant pointed out that it is presumed that the object was thrown from the field of the sector, which is adjacent to the expressway.

He said that, so far, they have no suspects for the crime and that the case was referred to the Carolina Criminal Investigation Corps (CIC).

Meanwhile, he added that they will reinforce security in the area and that they will direct an awareness-raising effort to impact the residents there. “This is the first time that an incident like this has happened in this sector. We are going to make a plan to prevent it from happening again; talk to the neighbors … We will have more patrols in the area, to see if we can find the boys. This can be about young people who don’t even imagine the damage they do, ”said the agent.

This story of terror has been lived by many people on the Island who have been victims of unscrupulous people -mostly young people-, who in their leisure hours have the lethal entertainment of throwing blunt objects, often from pedestrian bridges, at passing cars. on public roads.

The Baldorioty de Castro expressway, Route 66 and PR-22, jurisdiction of Toa Baja, are other routes where similar incidents have been reported.



Source link